To whom it may concern,
As a valued member of our Arc’teryx community, your health and safety remains our top priority.
We are diligently monitoring the rapidly developing situation around the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), and on the recommendation of local health authorities, it’s with an abundance of caution and deep disappointment that we’ve made the decision to cancel the all forthcoming events until further notice. While we very much looked forward to connecting with our community, we strongly believe that cancelling community events is the responsible action to take and absolutely the right thing to do.
Please know that we will aim to reschedule all our events in the near future. We will communicate the details of the new event date once it has been confirmed, and in the meantime, we welcome you to contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, or would like further clarification.
Thank you for your interest in our events, and for your patience as we navigate the emerging impacts of COVID-19. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this cancellation may have caused you. We genuinely look forward to connecting with you and our community soon!
The Summit Challenge 2020 has landed! Race against the clock to see how high you can get in our #sixminutesummit challenge.
The challenge takes place in The Altitude Centre’s training chamber, simulating 2,710m altitude (15% oxygen). Entrants are invited to take on a weighted treadmill challenge for the chance to win an Arc’teryx Nuclei FL Jacket, a 3-month supply of TENZING, and a free consultation at The Altitude Centre. Full details below.
REGISTER TO ENTER HERE
How do I enter?
- The Summit Challenge competition is free to enter (1 entry per person throughout the competition period, 2nd March - 31st March).
- All entrants are required to register in advance with The Altitude Centre to confirm what date/time they wish to take the challenge.
- Each entrant will have six minutes on the treadmill in the altitude chamber (2,710m), carrying a weighted Arc’teryx Alpha 45L backpack based on their unique power:weight ratio.
- All entrants will have a standing start, using only speed and incline to control their ascent.
- The winner is the entrant at the end of the month who has reached the highest altitude in six minutes.
What can I win?
- Every entrant in The Summit Challenge will receive a free can of TENZING post-challenge.
- The first 100 entrants will be able to claim a unique Summit Challenge badge, available to collect from Arc'teryx Piccadilly.
- A leaderboard will be kept throughout the month with The Summit Challenge champion announced on Wednesday 1st April 2020.
- Entrants will have the chance to win a Nuclei FL Jacket, a 3-month supply of TENZING, and a free consultation at The Altitude Centre (RRP £129).
Share on social
A bonus prize will be available for the best social media post shared throughout the competition period.
Share your #sixminutesummit challenge using the competition hashtag and remember to tag @arcteryxpiccadilly @tenzing and @thealtitudecentre for a chance to win!
By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions. All prizes are given at the discretion of the host companies (Arc’teryx Piccadilly, TENZING and The Altitude Centre). One prize will be awarded per category, with the winners announced on Wednesday 1st April 2020. The winners will be contacted by email and will have 30 days to claim their prize. Prizes are non-refundable, non-exchangeable, and no cash alternative will be offered. The host companies reserve the right to replace the category prizes with an alternative of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond these parties’ control makes it necessary to do so. The host companies reserve the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.